Saturday, March 18, 2006

Spring Break In Dallas

Forrest and Theresa went to up to North Texas to visit family for Spring Break. Cody was off at he same time, so we took the opportunity to spent a little time with him and take advantange of his life on the farm in Argyle, Texas (just North of Fort Worth and Northwest of Dallas). While we were there Cody was sitting for some farm animals so we got to tag along to help. Boy THAT was an adventure!


The cows were just like cats or dogs, Cody was just a tad late feeding them because he was waiting on us. As soon as they saw him they started mooing their heads off as if to say they were hungry. We went over to feed the chickens first and as we did so, Cody pointed over to the pasture for me to see that the cows were already forming a line and heading to the stables to get ready to eat. Kind of made me feel bad that they were that smart and we eat them. But I got over it, I think we ate at Outback that very night.

Forrest got to feed the chickens and a new baby calf. A horse named Daisy took a liking to me and followed me everywhere so I could pet her. Then soon after that , this little burro followed me too. What a day on the farm it was. Just call me Ma Kettle!



Mike in Dallas

Back in the city, we had lunch with Michael and then went over to the abc radio station to take a little tour since Cody and Forrest never been there before. Forrest got to see where Radio Disney was broadcasted and Cody got to see some of the areas where production was done and meet some of the national DJ's. Of course, all big sister was interested in seeing was who Michael was dating. Actually, I have met her before and she's really nice!

Rick's Family

We had dinner with Rick, Brookie, Abby and Gannon at their new place in Frisco. The house was just gee-orr-jowss! I am so happy for them. Such a beautiful little family. Brooke's Mom is recovering well from her recent heart attack. Abby is still a Princess and Gannon put on quite a show for us. He was just a dancing for us to tunes from Beyonce' - did not show a shy bone in that little body. They played well with Forrest. Rick grilled burgers and we watched who was getting kicked off of American Idol. THANK GAWD they watched it too. I did know what I was going to do if they didn't! HA! I can't believe that I didn't take one picture of Rick's kid's. I have so many of them around the house and none of them with us in them. It was a great visit.

My Dad

Daddy was looking good! Forrest and I visited with him on our first day and took him lunch. He always calls us his Chongos - which means his Monkees. So when we were out and about during the week we found a monkey that made monkey sounds to give to him when we went back later in the week, he loved it. He said it looked just like Forrest!




No comments: